Solo against Death Dealer on hard, this deck wins about 70% of the time. This includes the additional 4 common cards from the expansion. Playing with these 4 common cards + the original 4 common cards, can be very challenging, especially if you draw the commons early game, so you'll have to prioritize killing minions to avoid decking out.
General card strategy:
- when playing Underwood Dryad, mutaform it with +2 health. You can use it multiple turns to block and destroy 1 health/1 attack minions.
- mulligan for Canopy Hunters and Stalker Packs so you can guerilla minions.
- Wind Rider's fight ability is extremely helpful when the portal summons two cards and applies buffs to a minion. Can keep that minion from pillaging until you're able to guerilla it's health down or otherwise take it out.
- Clan of the Wildcat should be used to destroy +1 minions or block big hitting monsters. If drawn early game, use it two turns in a row to destroy +1 minions. On the third turn, either block a monster with a big attack and low health or use its fight ability to return it to your hand.
- Cloud Tearers are expensive but can be worth using early game if you have a big monster or beefed up minion. Often, I'll play it to knock off two health from a monster, then swap lanes with an unengaged ally with 1 health remaining. I'll engage a minion with the Cloud Tearer, and destroy it during the fight phase. If the minion didn't get a +1 to fight, then I'll use Cloud Tearer one more time to destroy another minion or block a big monster.